What is the secret of a book you can’t put down?

As a reader, I have three basically different book experiences: the books I get a few chapters into and abandon; the books I can read, a bit at a time, over a week or two; and the books that demand to be read NOW. I can’t stop. I’ll read it in a day or two (depending on the book, sometimes in a few hours), because I. Must. Find. Out. What. Happens. These books are commonly referred to as “page-turners” because you can’t stop turning the pages. I love that experience when I find it.

Right now I am in the middle of Richelle Mead’s Storm Born, and it’s that kind of book for me. My entire brain is sucked into the pages (I have to finish this blog so I can go read…). Other recent page-turners have been Karen Foley’s Able-Bodied, Natale Stenzel’s Pandora’s Box, Nina Bangs’s current “dinosaur” books (“Gods of the Night”), and Beth Andrew’s Superromances. There are a lot more I haven’t mentioned — many of the early Blazes, in particular, hit me this way.

It seems like when I was younger, I read like this all the time — compulsively, non-stop — but maybe I just had more time then, and I was less particular. I read a lot of good books now (more even, with the Kindle, God help me), and I enjoy them, but I think the experience of being so sucked in you literally cannot put the book down gets farther in between these days, either because those books are more rare or I am just a different kind of reader. Probably both.

The books mentioned above are all very different. Then there was a non-fiction book, Cliff Stoll’s The Cuckoo’s Egg (highly recommended for anyone who enjoys technology, even if it’s a bit dated). I still remember it clearly, because I nearly went into a coma staying up all night to finish that book. I think it’s one of the few times I stayed in pajamas all the next day, reading. But it’s completely in a different universe than the other three, and yet, still a page-turner.

I’ve been fortunate enough to have some readers kindly tell me they stayed up all night to finish one of my books, or that they couldn’t put it down, or read it in, as we say, “one sitting.” (Thank you, every single one of you!). Those comments were made about different books by different readers, which makes me wonder if the “page turner” isn’t more in the eyes of the reader than the writer. That as a writer, there is no magic combination that makes a book a page turner, but what hooks into us and makes us unable to put the book down is more about us than the book itself. People find their addictions in different places. A page-turner, like a drug, grabs us in some way that it might not grab a hundred other people. Maybe we see ourselves in it, maybe it takes us an adventure or addresses a fantasy that we have, or something.

So… what is it? What do you think makes a book a page-turner, and what’s the most recent one you’ve read? What was it about that book that reached out and sucked you in so that you couldn’t put it down? Share, and I’ll choose someone to win a $10 Amazon Gift Certificate at the end of the day, enough to perhaps buy your next page-turner. ;)

Sam

57 Responses to “A Book You CAN’T Put Down”
  1. Cari Quinn says:

I’ve read a couple page-turners recently, Sam – including Hard to Resist – but the most recent was Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost. She’s one of my favorite authors, and I read her latest release within 24 hours, which is fast for me. She writes the perfect mix of action, romance, suspense and sex to keep me flipping pages, and I love her hero, Bones. A great hero always does it for me ;)

Fun question! :)

• Hi Cari — that’s quite a title! Thanks for including me in your list. ;)

I have to agree with you on the characters — being involved in the life of the character is probably the key factor for me in a page-turner — it’s not just about seeing what happens, it’s about seeing what happens to THEM, you know?

2. JK Coi says:

Yes, you’re right. A page-turner will most definitely be in the “eyes of the reader”. Thank goodness that we all love to read different things, different genres. Otherwise how boring would life be :)

I’ve read a few great books recently, but I actually haven’t found a true page-turner in a little while. There are a couple I’m looking forward to though, from authors that seem to know which buttons to hit and I hope they won’t disappoint.

• I think as you say, the true page turner is a relatively rare event. I find them most often, though not always, in multi-book series. Of course, the danger there is that you start scarfing down the series, and want more faster, LOL.

Cleo Coyle’s Coffeehouse Mysteries is a series I recommend for a whole series of page-turners – they were terrific. And you learn a lot about coffee. ;)

Sam

3. Hi Sam! LOL, we’ve got THE CUCKOO’S EGG–autographed. He’s a ham radio operator and I might have even met him. Hubby did, for sure.

• Oh, that is so cool! I didn’t care for his follow-up book as much, but that one was really such a keystone book. Actually, the more I thought about it, I don’t even think the concepts are that dated… most of that stuff about hacking is still generally true.

4. WendyK says:

Humm what makes a page-turner. It’s hard to say for me. I’m a mood reader and I’ve had books that I picked up today and just couldn’t read, so I put them down, come back a week or so later when my mood was different and I couldn’t put the book down. So for me it varies greatly depending on my mood. It’s why I try to follow my moods and read what is most calling to me at a time. My most recent page-turner was Brenda Novak’s THE PERFECT COUPLE. It just had it all, a little girl who’s missing, a parent’s worst nightmare, a man who doesn’t want to be a hero but is, a woman, the mother who’s at a loss as to what to do, a child who’s scared but still fights, and evil villian who don’t seem so evil………I could so see it being a true story. That was the truly terrifying part. I had no idea if it’d really end HEA. I think for me that’s the thing that makes something a ture page-turner and it’s why I don’t read the last page first, I’ll admit I’ve skimmed the back a bit when I was really really having a hard time with a book, but I try to never read the ending first. I want a book that has me so engrossed I honestly don’t know if the author will give me a HEA, but I still want to know in my heart that there “should” be one somehow…………..does that make any kind of sense?

Great post!!!
    hugs,
    WendyK

• Wendy, great post right back at you!

You hit a lot of notes for me there. I had the same experience as you with my first JD Robb book. Purity in Death. I picked it up, started reading, and HATED it. LOL But, a friend convinced me to try again, that I had to go back and read from the start of the series, so I picked up book one, and that did it — I read the first 16 books — twice — LOL. I kind of died out on the series after that, but boy, talk about great reads.

And yes, I think the really rare book where the author has you completely in the mist about how in the world an HEA can happen is the best. I never read the end first, ever. If I knew, I wouldn’t be able to read the book at all. Being surprised is wonderful — it’s why I enjoy mystery that makes it hard to guess the bad guy, etc — you know, like with an HEA, that good will win over evil, but there can still be surprises. That’s really the best.

So a page turner, in general, is a book where we are really interacting on some level with the book — we’re really involved in trying to figure things out, whether it’s a mystery or an HEA… and we care enough about the characters to find out what happens to them…

I like that…

5. Hockeyvampiress says:

I love a compelling storyline to begin with that propells the reader through with out bogging them down with a lot of extra details. If it is really exciting, danger etc or funny it helps too…. plus I like a bit a smut with my word count…. LOL I just finished Colette Gales bound by HOnor, her story of Maid Marion and it was like that for me…. wissssed right through it….

thansk Shell

• Hey Shell — missed your comment sandwiched in here — sorry about that. :)

LOL on the smut — that does make pages fly, doesn’t it? As long as the story around it is sound, I think. But no denying the fun stuff. :)

6. Patsy L Roberts says:

I tend to read as if there were no tomorrow. Once I start reading a book I have trouble putting it down much to the demise of my housework. LOL I can read a Susan Elizabeth Phillips book in one day. As a matter of fact I have read about 200 books in the last 12 months. I know I am obsessed with reading. At times I read two Blaze length books in one day if I have nothing pending.

The last book I read was Nancy Warren’s “Turn Left at Sanity”. I really l;iked it with all it’s quirky characters. The towns people in the book were ecentric (Okay some were just craxy) but the hero and heroine were so opposite if each other and still they fed off one another and found a way to meet in the middle and make a go of it. Isn’t that what draws you in, the way you think they will never be able to see eye to eye but some how find a common ground to stand on and build a romance from there?
    :-)

• Patsy, hats off to you. I know other readers, who, like you, read hundreds of books a year, and I’m reading more, but not nearly that much.

Nancy’s books are great — what a terrific title! I think what you point out, like Wendy was mentioning in a different way, that all page-turners have tension and suspense — not necessarily the typical crime/danger suspense, but something that makes us wonder how it’s all going to turn out okay….

7. CrystalGB says:

For me, it is a combination of the chemistry/sexual tension between the characters, and the action that is occurring in the story that makes a book a page turner. I want to know what is going to happen next.

• Crystal, I think we’re all in agreement about the magic of a real page turner leaving us needing to know what happens… and caring enough about the characters to know. Action is important, but I like your point about chemistry.

I know so many people loved The DaVinci Code, but I have to say, I didn’t care for it, because while it had a suspense plot, I didn’t get to know the characters nearly well enough, and that lack of personal interest in the characters kind of left the book blah for me. I thought the two lead characters (Robert and Sophie?) there had some great chemistry — if it had been explored at all. But it wasn’t, not really, so I didn’t get sucked into the book, though I did force myself to finish it. A few hours I’ll never get back, LOL.

On the other hand, take something like Ludlum’s Bourne Identity books — they are full of action, but so much more interesting because of the characters. His books are way more loaded and dense than Dan Brown books, but you care about the characters, so the pages fly by.

8. JV says:

Good question, Sam, and I ask myself that periodically. In romance at least, which is more or less all I choose to read lately, I think three factors determine whether or not a book is a true page-turner for me.

One is the characters, or, more specifically, the hero. I have to fall in love with the hero fairly early on in the story to make it one that I just can’t put down. I have to like the heroine a lot, too, but if I’m going to be honest, falling in love with the hero is more important, as long as the heroine is likeable. (Sounds rather sexist, I know, but I’m not sexist at all.)

Two is tension. If I’m constantly wondering when something is going to happen, then I just hate to put it down and keep turning the pages until I find out. Mostly, it’s sexual tension that leaves me wondering when the H & h are going to get together and just how hot it will be. However, it can also be dangerous tension like that found in suspenseful romances as long as there is also sexual tension. In Elle Kennedy’s current online read on the eHarlequin site, there’s definitely dangerous tension because of a killer on the loose, but she left us today with a great deal of sexual tension that makes me want to scream because I can’t turn that darned page!

Three is emotion. I have to buy into the relationship between the H & h, and I have to believe they are the real deal complete with believable HEA. Without that, it just isn’t a romance, and it leaves me flat.

Now, I do occasionally read biographies, autobiographies, and, more rarely, true crime, but the factors that make them page-turners are very different. It depends upon the person (in the case of a biog/auto-biog), but humor is good. (I appreciate humor in romances as well.) Writing style makes a lot of difference there, too, in terms of keepng things flowing along and not getting bogged down in tedious details. For true crime, I think tension and building the case against the person are important.

9. Jessiecue says:

For me a page turner really depends on how the characters are relating to each other. I love it when there is alot of chemistry but yet they are still trying there best to fight it. It makes me want to read further to find out when they are going to finally give in to each other. I don’t like it when they give in to each other quickly. I want to be intrigued by there actions not pick it up and know immediately how they get there.

10. delitealex says:

The fever series by Karen Moning were definitely page turners for me I finished the first 3 in a little over 2 days. I just had to find out what was going on with Mac and Barrons. I’m so ready to read Dream fever.

11. EllenToo says:

Mysteries are usually page turners for me…….I have to get to the end to find out who done it or in the case of some mysteries did the person in danger survive. The latest one I read that had me in it’s grip was Ramona Richards book-”The Taking of Carly Bradford” – where a child was missing.

• Delitealex and EllenToo, yes — I have heard of those authors — especially Moning. One of these days, I’ll pick one up (actually, I think Moning has a free book on Kindle at the moment. Should maybe try it…).

12. kim h says:

(Y) (H) (F) for sexy
    i lovelove cathy yardley Crave so damn good jsut cant put donw and want to know what happens next, such a different but riped from teh headlines so sexy and the style of writng she did for it

i like beverly barton’s suspense because of the who dun it factor so is romantic and suspensful at the same time. i lke her writing.

13. Julie Harrington says:

I think the “unexpected” makes a book a page turner for me. That unexpected element can take many forms, but when a book can surprise me in some way – be it plot, characterization, unique action, humor, or sarcasm — then I feel compelled to stay with it and read it straight through.

I read Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie and, dang I can’t remember his name, to be that kind of read. I read it in 3 days and resented any time I had to put the book down and go do something else and couldn’t wait to get back to it. So many twists and turns, so much action, suspense, and just the right touch of romance for me. Unique characters, funny, action-packed, and definitely unpredictable. You never, ever knew what was going to happen next.

Emmaline and the Archangel by Rachel Lee was a book like that. It’s still one I reach for to read over and over again. Not only does it have that touch of suspense and mystery but the hero and the heroine’s stories are just really emotionally compelling and they touch you as they fall in love. It’s a rare thing when characters can pull you in that deep.

Carl Hiaasen books (though not romance) are often pageturners for me. His characters are so quirky and sarcastic and get themselves into these situations that you know will always get way worse before they get any better at all, and you often know the solution will be super messy, never quite “perfect” but ironic to the hilt. I love that about his writing. Double Whammy, Native Tongues, and Skinny Dip are my top favorites there.

But yeah, I think it boils down to books that manage to create some form of magic on the page — be it a tension of situation, a sparkle between two characters, emotionally compelling or humorous… if it can touch me, excite me or intrigue me, I’m there and I’m reading like there’s no tomorrow.

Julie

• Julie, what a great post! I love CH as well — just started Skinny Dip (which I think has the best opening page of any book I have read in a long time) and then my husband took it to read, so I haven’t finished it yet. I love his writing.

I think you’re right about the unexpected…there’s nothing like a good twist!

• Julie Harrington says:

His books usually have the best opening page ever. I love the opening to Skinny Dip:

At the stroke of eleven on a cool April night, a woman named Joey Perrone went overboard from a luxury deck of the cruise liner Sun Duchess. Plunging toward the dark Atlantic, Joey was too dumbfounded to panic.

I married an @$$hole she thought, knifing headfirst into the waves.
        ~ Carl Hiaasen, Skinny Dip.

I bought that book on the spot. :) Couldn’t get into Nature Girl, though. One of his only books I had to literally force myself to go back and try to read. Got to the last 1/3 of it and never went back. Such a shame. But since that’s one out of countless books… I won’t hold it against him. ;)

Julie

• Wow, exactly the same response to Skinny Dip as I had — I love that book. :) And I have NG on the shelf, but haven’t gotten to it yet. DH said it was “okay.”

I guess every author is allowed a clunker here and there. ;)

• Julie Harrington says:

I think NG clunked out because I couldn’t sympathize with the heroine. In most of Hiaasen’s books the lead on a revenge kick is twisted with this strange sense of revengey justice but you understand it and a part of you even cheers it on. But in N.G. the heroine was the one out for “revenge” and I just kept thinking, dang! she’s overreacting. Yeah the telemarketer she’s out to crush was a jerk, but there are jerks everywhere. So from the go, I just couldn’t get behind her and her rant. I’m hoping his next one will be better.

J.

14. Liza says:

The story has to really grab me for the book to be a page turner. I’ve read many page turners in the last couple of weeks, but the 3 best are Pitch Black and Black at Heart by Leslie Parrish and The 8th Confession by James Patterson. I couldn’t put any of them down because I had to know how they would end.

• I never could get into Patterson, but Leslie Parrish, that’s another thing altogether. *G* Have been hearing great things about her books, and have to pick up Fade to Black soon…

Sam

I have read a few books that I could not put down. The most recent was BLACK AND WHITE by Jackie Kessler & Caitlin Kittredge. Each page had me wanting more… what is going to happen next, I need to know how it ends… then I find out that another adventure will be in a book (SHADES OF GRAY) next year… Boo Hoo, now I have to wait for more… ;-(

16. Patricia says:

Sam, My last individual page-turner was Joanna Bourne’s THE SPYMASTER’S LADY. Why? Well, first of all, it’s really NOT my kind of book. It’s not a traditional Romance: it has a heroine who is gutsy, brave, terribly intelligent & “not a good person”. She’s a French spy; hero is an English spy, set at the time of the Napoleonic War, but, from pg. 1, when they were both in prison, the story just grabbed me & was compelling. Who are the bad guys, or are they all? Bourne’s 2nd book won the RITA (loved it, too), but, her lst was exceptional.

My page-turner series is Robyn Carr’s “Virgin River” 7-book series (with more to come). An intricate blend of brave, intelligent & strong heroines & Marine & Army heroes who populate & run a small town. Unlike many other small-town-populated books, I always know who is connected to whom & why. A great series with lots of heart, & characters who remained with me for many days after reading.

Patricia

• Patricia, that series sounds fascinating — could be a tv show. The book sounds pretty amazing, too, and I have to admit, I am a sucker for espionage/spy stuff… some of my favorite stories in that genre.

• Patricia says:

Sam, If you like spies, do read the Bourne book. It’s nothing like you’ve read before. It’s so hard to explain what type of book this is. I should provide one caveat: in ’83 (I think) Bourne wrote a Regency; but, TSL in ’08 is her lst ST & the RITA winner her 2nd.

As far as Carr’s series, I should have mentioned that most of the heroes are ex-Marines or ex-Army, not current military.

Patricia

17. Lois says:

It probably depends on the book that you’re reading for what makes it a page-turner; meaning it’s not any one thing. Because I sure can’t think of anything. LOL For some, it might be the characters, for others it might be the mystery if there is one. Just probably depends on that specific book that you can’t put down. The first romance that I remember being a huge page turner was A Rose in Winter. I rather figure that any book that you peek at the end to make sure there is a HEA, so you know the twist,yet you rush to get through it because you’re dying to find out how they get to that point with the twist, well, that’s pretty good. LOL

Lois

18. Jody F. says:

For me, the books would be Ward’s BDB series. Even though the slang can get a bit much, I still finish each new book in one day. The men in these books are just so strong and sexy that I can’t help myself!

19. Fedora says:

Hmm… I think mainly the characters make a real page-turner for me. The plot can definitely be a big factor, but I need to care about the characters to care what happens to them. Also the author’s writing style is a factor–if I like the author’s voice, it makes me want to keep reading! Hard to Resist was definitely a page-turner. SEP’s usually a page turner for me, and I just recently read Jasmine Haynes’s Somebody’s Lover, which turned out to be a bit of a page-turner for me.

20. Maureen says:

For me, a page-turner is a combination of having the time to get well into a book and then the story itself being completely enjoyable. I definitely find more page-turners when I have more free time and the last one was Vision in White by Nora Roberts.

21. Lois, LOL — you have a point that knowing the end doesn’t necessarily mean you know how they get there. I mean, we know every Harlequin will have a happy ending, but it’s the journey that’s the fun part. :)

Jody, I actually couldn’t get into those — Twilight, either. So it does go to show how different readers have different responses.

Fedora, believe it or not, I’ve never read an SEP. I keep meaning to, but I rarely read straight contemp — usually paranormal/suspense/mystery. I have to try one, though, because I hear this a lot about her. And thanks for mentioning Hard to Resist. :)

Maureen, good point about time — interrupted reading guarantees that you can’t get as sucked in as you’d like.

22. Donna M says:

Hi Sam,

I’ve resisted getting involved with this blog as I am on the computer enough already!! That said I wanted to see what is going on with the Blaze authors, some of my favorite people. :-)

Lots of books are page turners for me as I love to read and have a long list of authors that never let me down. Yes, you are on that list. I’ve enjoyed all the books you have written for Blaze. I think I’ve read them all!! Hard to Resist intrigued me as I thought the concept had a new twist to it.

Someone else mentioned Robyn Carr’s Virgin River series, which was/is wonderful. I fell in love with the town and all the characters. Her voice just speaks to me. I enjoyed the Virgin River books so much I got my hands on all three of the Grace Valley books which I just finished reading. One thing I most enjoyed about those books is that each book picked up where the last one finished and the main characters stayed the same. She is talented.

Thanks for letting me carrying on! (H) You will probably see more of me here!! ;-)

• Patricia says:

Donna M,

I read Carr’s “Grace Valley” series quite awhile ago. While not as great as the VR one, Robyn really can intriquately weave many characters into a series like no one else. Love the Mel/Jack couple in VR & can hardly wait for additional books in the series which are presently sked for 1/10, 2/10 & 3/10.

Patricia

• Donna, thank YOU for coming by. Why resist? ;)

And thanks for the kind comments on my books — you have always been so generous with your support for Blaze. :)

I love that feeling when an author’s voice “speaks” to us — I don’t know how to describe it any better than that, but I know what you mean.

You should come by and carry on more often! We love it. :)

23. kim h says:

i have to say Crave by cathy yardley was so good and creative
    i like romantic suspense by beverly barton, cause of the mystrary and the who dun it til the end so i love her stories

(Y) (H) (F)

24. Melvyn says:

I just finished book 8 of Daniel Silva’s “Gabriel Allon series”. They’re absolutely unputdownable (!).

In his case I think the secrets are excellent writing, believable characters that are each distinct and play-off each other well, together with very fast-paced plots.

25. Tracy says:

It really depends on the book, so it would have to be in the eye of the reader. Hard to Resist was one that I read in the hot tub until I was pruny, but I HAD to finish it. Any of the Quinn trilogies are ones that I have to read from start to finish, and same with anything by Rhonda Nelson. About the only other ones that are non-Blazes are the Dixie Cash series (last year’s title was “Don’t Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes!”) — but that’s because they’re so funny.

I have so limited time to read that if a book doesn’t grab my attention in the first hour, it gets put into a pile to be read at a later date (if ever). Others, I know that I’ll never read (including any historicals — HATE bodice rippers, and I’m sorry that Blaze decided to go down that line. I got the last book by accident, and it’s gathering dust).

All you can do is hope that some people respond to what you’ve written, and to realize that not everyone has the same “tastebuds”.

• LOL on “pruny”! That’s great!

I have a read a few historicals, mainly Joanne Rock’s and a few of the Blazes, and I have to say that while I am so NOT a historicals person in general, if the story is good enough, it will work for me. But generally, I’m with you on not reading a book that doesn’t grab me.

Maybe you might give that dusty book a try one of these days? I found the Blaze historicals have a more contemp flavor than some of the more traditional ones… they’re hot, for one thing. ;) While not all readers will buy the historicals, it’s nice to have them on board — just like we offer paranormal, suspense, rom com, etc — the line tries to provide a little something for everyone, which is what I love about it! But your comment about tastebuds is right on. :)

26. JV says:

I think the most recent one I just couldn’t put down was really an older book that I recently discovered by Susan Donovan called “Knock Me Off My Feet”. There was great tension (both sexual and dangerous-type tension), and I really loved the couple.

27. Micki says:

My favorite page-turners are fast paced with a strong heroine, ones where the reader wants to know what comes next. If the story stalls or the heroine is a push-over, forget about it. I usually have to read a book from cover to cover without putting it down.

• I agree with that — I like a strong heroine, too. I don’t really relate to girly-girls or wilting violets — unless their arc is to find their strength in the book. I do like that…

Sam

I enjoy books full of suspense, mystery and romance. It’s important that the plot moves along as the characters get close. The most recent page turner I read was “Nightwalker” by Heather Graham.

29. Hey Sammas! The most recent page-turners I read where Lisa Kleypas’s three contemporary romances – Sugar Daddy, Blue-eyed Devil and Smooth Talking Stranger. I loved each of these books and read them cover to cover, pretty much. Blue-Eyed Devil was a 3 am finish, for sure. What made me keep reading? I was totally immersed in the world the writer had created. The conflicts, the stakes, the love, the hate – I was there, wanting things to work out. It’s a bit like when you glom on a TV show by watching four or five episodes in a row from a box set – when you come out of the marathon, you feel as though you’ve been in a whole other world. So, that’s what it takes for me. Compelling emotional depth, great “world building”, be it a fantasy world or simply describing the environment the hero and heroine are operating in (ie Houston, for the Kleypas books).

• Hey Sarah! As you know, I LOVE that feeling with TV shows — man, do I get addicted to those. I have ripped through boxed sets of DVDs faster than I can say, depending on the show… :) Same with books… when I find a set that really turns me on, watch out. Come to think of it, I do believe your She Has It Bad kept me up VERY LATE one night. ;) So did A Natural Father.

Actually, I believe you have cost me a number of early bedtimes. ;)

But thanks for mentioning the worldbuilding, because that’s such a huge issue — when a writer constructs a world well, we just want to be there over and over again, which is, I think, why I love series so much.

30. Nancy Holroyd says:

What makes a book a page-turner? One that sucks me into the middle of the story. The book with the almost palpable, throbbing intensity on every page is the one that keeps me flipping page after page. It is the book with such well drawn out characters it feels like I know them and I really care about what is happening that keeps me flipping pages. It is the book with page-turning emotional depth that keeps me glued to my seat reading page after page. This is a great topic!

• Hi Nancy. :) Have you read any lately?

That’s exactly the kind of reading experience I love. :)

Sometimes I reconsider my tendency to abandon books that don’t grab me right off, because I have read a few that did pick up and once I got into them, I loved them. But I have to say, I am not so patient… by maybe 75-100 pages, if I am not grabbed, I tend to let go and move on.

31. Winner!

My winner today is Julie Harrington! Congrats. :)

Julie, if you email me at samhunter@samanthahunter.com, I’ll send an e-gift cert from Amazon to your email account. Enjoy!

Thanks everyone for coming to chat — I really enjoyed this, as always, and got some great book ideas!

• Julie Harrington says:

Thanks, Sam! I emailed you with the info you need. :) Can’t wait to go book buying!

Thanks again!