Hi, gang! I’m writing today from the Romance Writers of America Conference in New York City. This is always a fun and exciting time for writers, but this year is extra special since it’s the 10th Anniversary of Blaze.

So many Blaze writers (including me) were there from the beginning, and it’s hard to believe so many years have gone by. We’re having a big party on Friday afternoon, and I’m sure we’ll take tons of pictures, so I’ll try to stop by the blog that day and post some. (The hotel charges a ridiculous amount for Internet access, so I’m current using the one at the McDonalds in Times Square–crazy, huh?)

RWA always puts on a great conference. This morning’s opening session was a panel discussion with Steve Berry, Diana Gabaldon and Tess Gerritsen–a pretty stellar group, I’m sure you’ll agree. During the rest of the week we’ll have luncheon speakers Madeline Hunter and Sherrilyn Kenyon, then the hilarious Meg Cabot hosts the RITA Awards Ceremony (our version of the Oscars) on Friday night. Plus, all the Harlequin authors will get to see our editors, the executives and the amazing support staff who promote our books, design the covers and keep those great stories flying off the presses.

When we’re not in workshops or involved in discussion panels, we’re–naturally–shopping and eating. This is NYC, after all. I dropped waaayyy too much cash at Henri Bendel yesterday (if you’ve never heard of this shop, it’s the mecca of makeup and hip accessories), walked until my feet throbbed, then topped off the night with fish and chips, a Harp and my buds at an Irish pub. Doesn’t get much better than that in my world.

So, happy birthday, Blaze! We can’t wait for the next ten years!

7 Responses to “Blaze Authors Love NYC”
  1. Patsy Roberts says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Blaze!
    Now y’all have lots of fun in NYC for all of us who couldn’t attend.
    Once again HAPPY BIRTHDAY Blaze. It’s been an amazing 10 years. Heres to many more. :)

Happy Birthday Blaze! I have only about for about 5 years, but you have gotten me thru lots of hard times!

• Wendy Etherington Wendy Etherington says:

Always glad to be there! Great readers keep us working for better stories.

3. Donna McClure says:

10 years of Blaze! I’ve enjoyed books every year & every month. Keep up the good work.
    I’ve read about a couple of other authors adventures in NYC where it seems you are all having a good time. Keep enjoying! Thanks for sharing the experience.

• Wendy Etherington Wendy Etherington says:

Harlequin’s big party is tonight. No doubt the pictures (some of them featuring writers who certainly won’t be invited to appear on So You Think You Can Dance) will get even more interesting! :)

4. 80s Tart says:

How exciting it must be to celebrate a decade of Blaze! I was all over Temptation and then Blaze when the series first launched, and had spent more hours reading these smokin’ hot reads than studying for my SATs. Can’t believe ten years have flown by since. I’m looking forward to the next ten! I’m also looking forward to everyone’s RWA conference tales. Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable adventure in NYC!