I decided to give up making New Year’s resolutions. I know, you’re wondering what took me so long. Like a lot of people, I see the New Year as a fresh start and a chance to make positive changes in my life. And the resolutions work, well in a way.
I did complete one of my resolutions by finishing my Master’s degree in Humanities. And I sold a series of steampunk books, which was my resolution to write outside my comfort zone. I didn’t lose much weight, but I did lose some. And I never made it to Paris.
This year I’m trying something different. I’m writing down fun things I want to do. Here’s what I have so far, but the list is something I plan to add to as the year goes on:
1. Finish office makeover
2. Learn French (read 3) at least enough to ask where the bathroom is, and how to find my hotel if I get lost
3. Go to Paris in the late fall
4. Read a book a week (when I’m writing as much as I am right now, that’s a tough one)
5. Spend more time with my favorite people
6. Ride a really scary roller coaster
7. Make a music video
8. Sleep more
9. Learn how to relax (I honestly don’t know how.)
10. Find one fun thing to do every single day that makes my heart lighter.
So that’s it, so far. It’s not a particularly great list, but it’s mine. 🙂
So what fun things to you have planned for the coming year? What are some fun things I should think about adding to my list?